Easy Reindeer Christmas Cookie Recipe for Kids!
Cooking and baking helps children learn about nutrition and build their literacy, math, social and fine motor skills.
This simple and yummy reindeer Christmas cookie recipe is an excellent activity and easy enough for preschool and kindergarten children to follow.
And, it is just perfect for a Christmas or winter theme unit at home or in the classroom!
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer) (Little Golden Book) adapted by Robert Lewis May, is a wonderful book to read to children during the Christmas season.
And, there are so many great activities to go along with the book, like this reindeer Christmas cookie recipe and Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer Song for kids!
While the children are busy making their cookies, play Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer song for kids in the background.
Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer song for kids is a wonderful complement to this super fun kids reindeer Christmas cookie recipe activity!
So, what are you waiting for? Grab the kids, follow the reindeer cookie recipe and let’s make Reindeer Cookies!
- 1 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Red M&M’s
- Brown icing in tube
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla extract, until blended.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Scoop out teaspoons full of dough, roll into small balls and flatten with your palm to about 1/4" thickness.
- Bake 7-8 minutes until just starting to brown around the edges.
- Let cool.
- Decorate cookies with red M&M’s for the reindeer nose, and brown icing for the antleers and eyes.
And, voila, the children have now made reindeer cookies.
What an easy-to-make and yummy reindeer Christmas cookie recipe for preschool and kindergarten children!
Just perfect for a Christmas-theme unit at home or in the classroom!
Now, let’s eat!