Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Tree Snack!
This is a perfect snack craft to make in preschool and kindergarten for an ABC, tree or back-to-school theme unit. And, this Chicka Chika Boom Boom tree snack is both healthy and delicious!
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom: Anniversary Edition by Bill Martin, is such a wonderful book to introduce children to the alphabet. And, there are so many wonderful activities to go along with the book, like this super fun Chicka Chicka Boom Boom coconut tree snack craft and ABC Song for kids!
While the children are working on their Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tree snack craft, play The Alphabet Song for kids in the background.
The Alphabet Song for kids is a nice complement to this super fun kids Chicka Chicka Boom Boom snack recipe activity!
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get cooking with alphabet letters!
- Graham crackers
- Alpha-Bits cereal
- Green apple
- Grapes or cherries
- Have the children break the graham crackers into bite size pieces.
- Next, have the children place the graham crackers in a line, 2 in a row, on a plate. This will be the tree trunk.
- Then, slice the green apples. Once done, have the children lay the apple slices at the top of graham crackers. These will be the leaves.
- After that, have the children place 2-3 cherries or grapes in the center of the apple slices. These will be the coconuts.
- When ready, have the children spread the Alpha-Bits up and down the tree trunk, and all over the plate.
- Feel free to put raisins and grapes/cherries all over the plate too!
And, voila! The children have made a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Coconut Tree snack!
Perfect for an alphabet or tree lesson plan at home or in the classroom.
Now, let’s eat!