Alphabet Pretzels Recipe for Kids!
Cooking and baking helps children learn about nutrition and build their literacy, math, social and fine motor skills. And, this easy and delicious alphabet pretzels recipe is just perfect for an alphabet letter lesson plan at home or in the classroom.
Eric Carle’s ABC (The World of Eric Carle) written by Eric Carle, is a delightful book to read with the children when learning the alphabet. And, there are so many wonderful activities that go with the book, like this alphabet pretzels recipe and Letters Song for kids!
While the children are cooking, play the Alphabet Letters Song for kids in the background.
The Alphabet Letters Song for kids is the perfect complement to this super fun kids alphabet pretzels recipe baking activity!
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s bake an alphabet pretzel recipe while we learn the alphabet and eat it too!
- 1 TBSP yeast
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 Egg beaten
- Have the children add 1 tablespoon of yeast into 1/2 cup of warm water.
- Next, have them stir in the honey and salt.
- Then, have the children mix in the flour.
- Once done, have the children knead the dough.
- After that, have the children form letters.
- Next, have them brush the letters with a beaten egg.
- Have the children place the letters on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and sprinkle salt over them.
- Then, stick the cookie sheet in the oven for about 10 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Let cool.
And, voila! The kids have now made Alphabet Letter Pretzels!
Just perfect for a preschool or kindergarten ABC lesson plan at home or in the classroom!